Apple products have conquered the world of electronics, and when you own one of them, you want to get the most out of it. If you own AirPods, you can use them with all Apple devices, including iPad, MacBook, and iPhone. Although connecting AirPods or iPods to your iPhone or iPad is relatively easy, pairing up with a MacBook is not as simple.
Apple devices are different from Android ones and if you are a new user, it might take a while to get used to them. You can connect them to iPod and iPhone via Bluetooth, but MacBook can offer you difficulties. If you are facing this issue, then read this article till the end to learn everything about AirPods and MacBook connectivity.
Connecting AirPods to Mac
If you want to use your AirPods with any device, make sure it is signed in to iCloud through your Apple ID.
You can connect your AirPods to Mac by following these simple steps:
- Open the lid of your AirPods case.
- On the volume menu of the MacBook and select the AirPods.
However, if the AirPods are not connected to the iPhone, then follow these steps for pairing:
- Open the lid of the AirPods case.
- Locate the setup button on the backside of the case. Long press it until the white light starts flashing.
- Go to the Apple menu on your MacBook and click on system preferences.
- Select Bluetooth.
- A devices list will appear. Click on AirPods and click on connect to pair.
If you are still unable to connect the AirPods with the MacBook and the audio is being played through the speakers, then do not worry. Go straight to the volume menu of the MacBook and check that AirPods are selected as your main audio output device.
If you connect your AirPods with your iPhone again, you might need to pair them with MacBook again too. Loss of Bluetooth connection can occur while changing the devices. Therefore, do not get worried if your AirPods are not connecting to one of your devices. Just follow the steps again and reconnect them.
Read More >> How To Connect Airpods To Zoom On Mac?
How to connect AirPods max to Mac?
AirPods Max is an enhanced version of AirPods that can only be connected to a MacBook if it has MacOS Big Sur 11.1 or a higher version. If you want to connect AirPods Max to Mac, sign in to your iCloud ID.
If the AirPods Max does not connect, then put them on your ear and check whether they are connected to the Bluetooth or not. Click Bluetooth on your MacBook and select AirPods Max to make them the primary sound output device.
However, if the AirPods Max option does not appear in the Bluetooth menu, follow these steps to pair them with the Mac.
- Look for system preferences in the Apple menu.
- Click on Bluetooth and make sure that it is on.
- Locate the noise control button on the AirPods Max case and long-press it until the white light flashes.
- Select AirPods Max from the menu and click on connect.
Click on the volume button and select AirPods Max if the sound is still playing from Mac speakers.
How to connect 2 AirPods to Mac?
Connecting two AirPods to one Mac is easy, especially when you want to watch a movie with your partner or friend. If you want to connect two AirPods to the same Macbook, then follow these steps:
- Go to the Bluetooth menu and pair both AirPods to your MacBook.
- Go to the Apple menu and select System preferences. Click on sound and then output.
- Set the volume range for both AirPods because you cannot control the volume of both of them simultaneously.
- From Finder, search for Applications and click on Audio MIDI Setup.
- Locate + symbol and click on it to add both AirPods as the sound output device.
- Click on “create multi-output device” and select both AirPods. You can avoid confusion by naming both AirPods differently.
- Go to sound preferences or volume menu. Click on the new output device to play sounds through both AirPods at a time.
How to connect multiple AirPods to a Mac?
If you want to watch a movie or your favorite TV series with a group of friends without disturbing others, Apple has a solution. You can connect more than two AirPods to your Mac too.
This feature is only available in Mac OS 11 and above. Follow these steps if you want to pair multiple AirPods to your MacBook.
- Go to system preferences and click on sound and then select output. Set the output volume for each AirPod.
- Go to Applications and select Audio Midi Setup.
- Click on the + button and select “create multi-output device.”
- Add all the output devices. Make sure to rename them before connecting to avoid confusion. However, this step is optional, and you can skip it.
- Go to Sound System Preferences or Volume and select the device you added.
- Check all the devices for connectivity and enjoy the movie with your friends.
If you cannot connect AirPods to your Mac, make sure they are not connected to the iPhone through another iCloud ID. If the problem persists, you can try disconnecting the AirPods from all Apple devices and reconnecting them to your Mac.
How to connect multiple AirPods to a MacBook?
Follow these steps to pair AirPods with MacBook.
- From the finder select utilities and click on Audio MIDI setup.
- Find + and click on it to add a new device.
- Click on Airpods.
- Go to the Apple menu, click on sound preferences, and multi-output device.
How to connect two AirPods to a mac?
Go to applications, select audio MIDI setup, and add your airpord as a new device by clicking yes. To connect two AirPods to one mac go to system preferences and set the volume range for each AirPods after clicking on multi-output device.
How to connect two AirPods to Macbook?
You can connect two AirPods to Mac if you want to play the same audio through two AirPods. To connect two AirPods to Mac, go to applications > Audio Midi Setup> Create Multioutput devices. Add the new device. Go to volume and select the output device you just added.
How to connect two air pods to one mac?
You can connect two AirPods with one Mac, and it is just like how you connect your AirPods with other Apple devices. Open the lid of the AirPods case and locate the noise cancellation button. Press and hold it till the white light starts flashing. Open your Mac from the Bluetooth menu, select the AirPods and click on connect.
Pairing AirPods with other Apple devices is easy, but connecting them with a MacBook is tricky. The simplest way is to add them to the sound preference menu as a sound output device. Multiple AirPods can also be connected to one Mac to enjoy movies and music with friends and family.